Job title: CRM Business Analyst
Location: Remote working, then London or Bristol, flexible working
At Lightful, we believe that those doing the greatest good deserve the best technology.
We’re passionate about making the best technology accessible to charities and nonprofits. Our products and solutions help organisations unleash the power of technology and make the good work they do even greater. Our products and services are designed to simplify the work and amplify the impact of charities and nonprofits. We offer services to charities and nonprofits through a learning programme, including BRIDGE, and Lightful Labs.
BRIDGE (Building Resilience in Digital through Growth and Engagement) combines a learning syllabus, delivered through a combination of live and recorded sessions and webinars, with the Lightful Social Platform - the only social media platform designed specifically for those in the charity sector, which was ranked the number 1 for Social Media Management platforms built for non-profits. https://lnkd.in/dTKJmkm
Lightful Labs is a digital consultancy that offers customised services to help teams to do more. The Lightful Labs team have worked with amazing organisations like Help Refugees, London’s Air Ambulance and the Rhodes Trust to name a few.
We now have an opening for a CRM Business Analyst to join our Lightful Labs team. This role, which will involve working closely with Lightful’s clients, as well as the entire team. The role will be fast paced, varied, and rewarding.
As a registered B Corp, we’re a values-led organisation, so our values are integral to the Lightful culture. Our Lightful values are:
- To act with audacity while remembering humility
- To understand the importance of both listening and leadership
- To practice generosity whilst showing accountability
- These all lay on the foundation of respect and integrity
- Work with client stakeholders to understand high-level business objectives and priorities
- Work with client stakeholders to anticipate and understand detailed requirements, and spot where improvements can be made and make relevant suggestions
- Translate verbal requirements into functional specifications
- Understand clients’ desired user journeys and create detailed process maps using tools such as LucidChart
- Write user stories with acceptance criteria to meet requirements
- Work closely with development to ensure technical build suits client requirements
- Act as client liaison during development to ensure they understand what is being built and decisions need to be made what the consequences of decisions will be
- Test and validate development to ensure delightful user experiences
- Manage client user testing to feed back into development
Key Skills Requirements
- 3+ years of Salesforce business analysis experience
- Confident facilitator of workshops and stakeholder meetings
- Strong skill set around Salesforce configuration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with non-technical users and technical teams
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Nice to have one of the following ADM201 certification, Sales or Service Cloud certification
- Nonprofit, Education or Community Cloud certification also desirable (or desire to grow career in this direction)
- Good understanding of SEO and Accessibility principles and how to apply to Salesforce
- Experience working within an AGILE environment (Scrum)
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- A keen eye for client experience, usability and Salesforce emerging trends
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise since services may be required on different projects at the same time
- A self-motivated individual who can work well within a team-oriented environment as well as independently
Eligible to work in the UK without the need of visa support/sponsorship
You will be a part of our exciting culture that fosters personal growth and development. As we expand, you will be given the opportunity to thrive in a close-knit team environment.
- Stock options - every team member shares in the success of Lightful
- Comprehensive benefits package adapted for lockdown life, including free access to Asana Rebel and free access to Headspace
- Tax free contribution to additional home-working costs
- Health cash back plan with Simply Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Personal development programme
- Working from home buddy to integrate you into the team
- Remote working and health a priority - we won’t require people to travel to an office (in London or Bristol) until UK government COVID scale reaches level 1
Inclusion of a diverse range of opinions and perspectives is core to Lightful’s open culture and ongoing success. Therefore we never discriminate on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
*No recruitment agency requests please* *We only work with direct applicants*