Job title: Digital Campaign Coach
Department: Relationship Management
Seniority: Minimum 4-5 years experience in a digital fundraising role
Compensation: £32.500 - £37.500 depending on experience
Location: Remote working, then London or Bristol
Closing date: 2nd of March 2021. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
At Lightful, we believe that those doing the greatest good deserve the best technology.
We’re passionate about making the best technology accessible to charities and nonprofits. Our products and solutions help organisations unleash the power of technology and make the good work they do even greater. Our products and services are designed to simplify the work and amplify the impact of charities and nonprofits.
We offer three main services to charities and nonprofits; the Lightful Social Platform, the BRIDGE Programme and Lightful Labs.
The Lightful Social Platform allows organisations to create, schedule and publish content to their social media pages. It is the only social media platform designed specifically for those in the charity sector and was ranked the number 1 for Social Media Management platforms built for non-profits. https://lnkd.in/dTKJmkm
BRIDGE (Building Resilience in Digital through Growth and Engagement) combines a learning syllabus, delivered through a combination of live and recorded sessions and webinars, with the Lightful Social Platform. BRIDGE is supported by foundations and other funders, and offered out to small to medium charities that they support. The use of our social media manager helps participants to save time, learn best practice and collaborate internally more effectively. The syllabus focuses on four key digital foundations - fundamentals, storytelling, fundraising and insights. We take participants through these foundations helping them to improve confidence and competence. The BRIDGE team has worked with organisations like Comic Relief, DCMS and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We have been running a COVID-19 adapted curriculum based on Response, Recovery and Resilience themes since May this year, with 200 nonprofits from around the world currently enrolled.
Lightful Labs is a digital consultancy that offers customised services to help teams to do more. The Lightful Labs team have worked with amazing organisations like Help Refugees, London’s Air Ambulance and the Rhodes Trust to name a few.
As a registered B Corp, we’re a values-led organisation, so our values are integral to the Lightful culture. Our Lightful values are:
- To act with audacity while remembering humility
- To understand the importance of both listening and leadership
- To practice generosity whilst showing accountability
- These all lay on the foundation of respect and integrity
The importance team culture plays in our day to day work at Lightful is reflected by our inclusion in the Escape 100, Escape the City’s top 100 organisations to escape to in 2021. Check out our profile and read the reviews from our team here.
You will be part of a team responsible for coaching communications, marketing and fundraising professionals within charities and guiding them through a 6 or 12-month BRIDGE programme. This programme has been designed to assist charities in developing skills and confidence with digital and social tools, including but not limited to the Lightful Social Platform, in order to help them raise more funds. Our programme is adaptive and, alongside teaching core digital skills, can focus more on digital engagement, digital fundraising, and also building trust in vaccines.
Your role is to be the point person for digital campaigning, working across multiple cohorts to deliver 1-1 or group sessions to support nonprofit or faith-groups to build digital campaign capacity - drawing on your own experience from working at charities or agencies. This is a unique role to get hands-on with an amazing variety of nonprofits and faith-based groups from around the world and make a tangible impact on their services - from increasing fundraising results, or increasing trust in vaccines in the communities these groups serve.
First and foremost a relationship manager’s responsibility is to improve the digital campaigning and fundraising skills of the participants while helping them with digital capacity building.
- Communicating with customers through every possible medium (including face to face if and when that’s possible again!), making sure every interaction our users have with us is a positive one
- Lead the delivery of digital campaign content, ensuring it is up-to-date, relevant and leads to demonstrable outcomes
- Take 1-1 sessions with participants and review their digital campaigns content and strategy, going into detail about quick-wins or longer term gains they could make
- Manage relationships between key stakeholders of the charities within the cohort. This includes
- Regular check-ins
- Monitoring engagement on the Lightful Social Platform and Lightful Learning
- Prioritise outreach based on customer need and engagement
- Highlighting who our “Bright Sparks” (top users) are within the programme
- Keeping customer tracker and database up to date
- Keep customer progress decks up to date in line with their SMART objectives
- Minimise churn or reduction of those engaging with our products/services
- Record account management within our CRM (Salesforce)
- Identify customer health within our participants
- Ensuring that our customers are both happy and also making the most of the features within the platform
- Develop content for the Masterclasses and Digital Drop-Ins to complement what is delivered in the e-learning content
- Deliver the Masterclasses and Digital Drop-Ins to participants ensuring continuous development of the content
- Inform the product team of feedback from users so that we can improve the platform
- Updating documentation in line with new platform and feature releases
- Partner with Sales to collaborate when creating new concept notes or syllabuses
- Partner with Product when new features are being developed and released
- Develop videos and other resources for the e-learning syllabus
- Support participants with usage on the Lightful Social Platform through live chat, email and telephone support
- Minimum 4 years’ digital campaigning experience in a charity
- Demonstrable experience of running digital fundraising campaigns and hitting fundraising targets
- Experience of running online campaigns that led to tangible outcomes
- Understanding of key digital fundraising methods
- Online fundraising platforms
- Search Engine Marketing
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Supporter journeys & donor stewardship
- Online advertising and social ads
- Experience in training or consulting is essential, be prepared to speak with us about when you have had to train individuals and groups on a specific topic
- Previous experience of writing clear, engaging content for a variety of audiences
- A genuine passion for the charity sector
- Digital and social media savvy/native
- Genuine love of talking to people and helping them solve problems
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter who can make your their own decisions
- “Can do” attitude and willingness to get stuck in to a range of different tasks
- Comfortable to ask questions when uncertain, and elevate issues at the appropriate times
- Flexibility - ability to deal with conflicting deadlines, multiple tasks, and adjust priorities on the fly
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, including technology and Software as a Service organisations
- Comfortable in public speaking and presenting to small and large groups of people
Optional additional experience
- Experience in an account management, relationship management or customer success
- Experience with using and managing a LMS (Learning Management System)
- Fundraising consultant or digital agency experience
- Experience of peer support with other charities on social media (eg answering questions on Fundraising Chat Facebook group)
- Spanish speaker a bonus
- Excellent team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Empathy with the users of the platform - charities, beyond profit and third sector organisations with limited budgets and time
- Warm, friendly demeanour in all interactions
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, taking the initiative where necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly with people from across the company
Eligible to work in the UK without the need of visa support/sponsorship
You will be a part of our exciting culture that fosters personal growth and development. As we expand, you will be given the opportunity to thrive in a close-knit team environment.
- Competitive salary
- Holiday entitlement is 27 days per annum, plus bank holidays (last year we had even 3.5 extra given Xmas holidays by Lightful)
- Additional paid holiday for your birthday
- Additional paid holiday for your moving day (once a year)
- Working from home buddy to integrate you into the team
- Simply Health (Claim back money on everyday healthcare costs + Access to face to face counselling)
- Asana Rebel (Custom fitness app with educational content and long-term support to help you achieve a healthy life balance)
- Tax free contribution to additional home-working costs
- Headspace (Meditation App)
- Regular events e.g. quiz, cook-along, social drinks, summer party, Christmas party
- Lightful Lottery (£50 vouchers to win)
- Lunch & Learn sessions
- Training and Development plans
- Lightful Active Challenge
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offset Earth
- Childcare vouchers
- Lightful maternity leave
- Stock Options
- Ad hoc perks e.g. hampers, plants
- Volunteering opportunities
- Lightful Kids events
- Recruitment bonus
- Remote working and health a priority - we won’t require people to travel to an office (in London or Bristol) until UK government COVID scale reaches "level 1"
Inclusion of a diverse range of opinions and perspectives is core to Lightful’s open culture and ongoing success. Therefore we never discriminate on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
*No recruitment agency requests please* *We only work with direct applicants*