Principal Solutions Architect
Job title: Principal Solutions Architect
Department: Lightful Solutions
Seniority: At least 5 years of experience of enterprise salesforce solutions architecture
Reporting to: Managing Director Lightful Solutions
Direct reports: 0
Location: Remote working, occasional meeting onsite with clients or colleagues.
Love the tech industry but looking for something a bit different?
Lightful is a B-Corp business, who believes those doing the greatest good, deserve the best technology. Our products and services are designed for charities and nonprofits to simplify their work and amplify their impact. We offer three services to charities and nonprofits; Lightful Products, Lightful Learning and Lightful Solutions. Each service is different but highly interconnected, designed for the different needs of the social and environmental-focused organisations we’re proud to serve and work with.
Since achieving B Corp status in 2020, we have created an impact out of the office too. We have planted 12,371 trees planted through our employee carbon offset programme, saved 295,497 litres of water, and offset 1,107 tonnes of Carbon Dioxide emissions through 28 global carbon reduction projects.
You can read more about our purpose, mission and values on our website.
We are expanding our solutions team with the addition of a Principal Solutions Architect, Lightful Solutions. This is an important role to support the continued growth of our business, which has doubled in size each year for the last four years. This role will be a lead role in Lightful Solutions, a tailor-made technology consultancy that exists to help nonprofits embrace change, with best-in-class technology solutions that are dependable, secure and effective.
The technology team consists of Salesforce specific technologists from a variety of backgrounds, who work hand in hand with Lightful customers to understand the customer’s needs and provide prescriptive guidance on how to create business value and social impact with Lightful and/or Salesforce technology.
The Principal Solutions Architect will work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They combine an informed view of Salesforce in the context of other technologies to define solutions that create impact for our customers. Externally, they are recognised thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally you’ll be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of Lightful features as well as collaborating across Solutions, Products and Learning divisions of Lightful.
- Be the bridge between technical and non-technical teams
- Own the solution design for a diverse range of client facing projects
- Develop high-quality documentation to represent solution designs to technical and non-technical stakeholders, using recognised diagramming and documentation standards
- Enforce and develops governance structures that assure service delivery and mitigate risks
- Work directly with customers to recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
- Build technical relationships with customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer and their community/cause will shape the guidance you provide
- Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of Lightful Solutions.
- Take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts)
- Evangelize and educate about Salesforce technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences)
- You will also be helping others within Lightful Solutions develop new skills by mentoring team members and identifying talent needs in the organization.
You should apply if…
- You will have experience working in a consultancy for at least 3/4 years
- You have a solid understanding of the ‘art of the possible’ with Salesforce
- Significant experience in any of the following: Salesforce Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development or Infrastructure Architecture
- Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant Salesforce certifications
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Having experience of a few of the below would be beneficial:
- Working with non-profit or charitable organisations
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Experience designing, building, migrating, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
- Experience with public speaking
What we do
- Work across a number of applications and services that make up our platform using our serverless architecture
- Conduct regular user testing and work closely with the Relationship Management team to ensure we know our users and their needs.
- Regularly address technical debt and are continuously striving to improve our platform and processes.
- Innovate by seeking out new tools and ways of working - e.g. we recently rebuilt our company website using a JAMStack approach with Next.js and Sanity.
- Support our Lightful Solutions colleagues on projects, ranging from rapid prototyping, scoping the size of front-end projects to building the front-end for products developed on the Salesforce platform.
- Pride ourselves on being a vibrant, trusting and cross-functional scrum team.
You will be a part of our exciting culture that fosters personal growth and development. As we expand, you will be given the opportunity to thrive in a close-knit team environment.
- Stock options - every team member shares in the success of Lightful
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package adapted for lockdown life, including free access to Asana Rebel and free access to Headspace
- Tax free contribution to additional home-working costs
- Health cash back plan with Simply Health
- Cycle to work scheme (even if you don’t have to cycle to work)
- Workplace Nursery (salary sacrifice scheme saving tax/NI on childcare costs)
- Employee carbon offset programme
- Personal development programme
- Working from home buddy to integrate you into the team
- Remote working with access to co-working spaces for those who miss human interactions
- Be part of a team collaborating with clients to make an impact all over the world!
Equal opportunities statement
A diverse range of opinions and perspectives is core to Lightful’s open culture and ongoing success. As an equal opportunity organisation, all applicants will be considered without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
You must be eligible to work in the UK without the need of visa support/sponsorship